Z32 Gearbox Conversion Kit Version 4 (S13, S14, 180SX)
*Pictures are for illustration purposes only and may differ to your order*
Pre-order delivery ETA is mid-October, 2014. Get your pre-orders in now to avoid disappointment.
YOUR GEARBOX WILL BREAK
Not if, but when.
Sell it before you break it... or if you've already mashed it then here’s the solution.
CONVERT TO THE STRONG FS5W30A GEARBOX
The standard “FS5W30A” gearbox is capable of 10 second quarter miles which is the standard gearbox used in the R32 GTR Skyline (RB26DETT), R33 GTS25T Skyline (RB25DET), R33 GTR Skyline (RB26DETT), R34 GTT Skyline (RB25DET) and Z32 300ZX Fairlady (VG30DETT).
The Z32 gearbox is the cheapest out of them all but you get the same gearset (the same strength), the same the gear ratios, Z32 gearboxes are the same in both non-turbo and twin-turbo 300ZX’s and with the ALPHA OMEGA Z32 Gearbox Conversion Kit “Z32GCK” it fits the best as well! It doesn’t fit perfectly like factory since it is a conversion after all, but out of all the options this is the best choice. See the tech article “Choosing a gearbox conversion for your S-Chassis?” for more information.
Z32GCK with optional short shifter
How Does It Work?
We have engineered the strongest, safest and feature packed gearbox conversion:
- Attach onto engine - a 100% CNC machined billet adapter plate that you bolt onto the engine and the Z32 gearbox will bolt onto the adapter plate. We use a total of 16 high tensile silver bolts - the most bolts by far.
- Attach onto chassis – using a gusseted and boxed cross member that is ProBlackCoated inside and outside. It's stronger than factory in all regards and angles the gearbox ~2º to give more clearance in the small Silvia transmission tunnel.
- Re-position the shifter – the best part of the Z32 gearbox is that we can and have re-positioned the Z32's gear shifter - with this design the shifter now comes out of the standard Silvia shifter hole. As part of the design the shifter movement is not standard.
Z32GCK installed in an S13 with optional short shifter
ALPHA OMEGA’s Z32GCK is made in Australia - a 1-piece, fully CNC machined billet alloy adapter that is made to minimum engineering specifications @ 20mm thick.
It’s dowelled both to the engine and to the gearbox using all the genuine Nissan alignment dowels. The perfect position of the dowels is extremely important for reliability - lining up the gearbox to the clutch to the engine, which is why we used CNC machines to accurately measure and position them perfectly.
Keep your existing SR20 flywheel, flywheel bolts and clutch: nothing is changed in this critical area.
The Z32 shifter position is offset West and a shave of the trim is recommended.
Note: Installation requires machining of the Z32 gearbox bellhousing to make room for the CNC adapter plate. We provide full step-by-step machining instructions or we have pre-machined and cleaned Z32 gearbox bellhousings available as an exchange service - send us your old bellhousing and we'll send you a machined bellhousing and the Z32GCK ready to rock.
Z32GCK installed in an S13 with optional short shifter
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Full 360º adapter plate 20mm thick for strength and safety
- Uses ALL genuine Nissan alignment dowels correct alignment
- Keep your existing flywheel, flywheel bolts, clutch and gearbox mount for cost savings
- NO flywheel spacer for your safety
- Moved shifter position to be closer to standard
- Extra rigid steel shifter bracket and CNC linkage for a great shifting feel
- Boxed and braced cross member acts like a transmission tunnel brace
- Cover plates included to blank off unused bits of the Z32 gearbox, and give more clearance
- CNC machined clutch fine tuning rings so that you get a perfect clutch actuation
- Made in Australia so you know it's done right
CNC machined 360º billet alloy adapter
Extra low profile upper extension housing cover plate
Z32 gearbox starter motor hole cover plate
TECHNICAL / FEATURE COMPARISON
|Item||ALPHA OMEGA||Other Products|
|Half-Ring Style||6/8mm Style|
|Adapter plate/ring||1-piece CNC machined lightweight full face 20mm billet aluminium adapter, 360 degrees "full ring"||1-piece lightweight thin aluminium adapter, 180 degrees "half ring"||1-piece lightweight extremely thin steel adapter, 360 degrees "full ring"|
|Meets engineering-principles minimum thickness requirement||Yes||No||No|
|Yes; have machined bellhousings in stock, ready for exchange||Yes||No|
|Dowels: gearbox-to-adapter||Yes||Yes and No (depends on kit)||Yes|
|Retains your existing flywheel/clutch||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Retains alignment / engine plate||Yes||Yes||No|
|Retains OEM flywheel bolts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Flywheel spacer required||No||No||No|
|Spigot bush engagement sufficient||Yes||Yes||No|
|Clutch spline engagement sufficient||Yes||Yes||No|
|Clutch slave cylinder overextension||No||No||Yes|
|Does shifter hit interior trim||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cut chassis shifter hole||No||Yes||Yes|
|Starter motor thread delete||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Retains OEM rubber mount||Yes||No||No|
|Retains OEM exhaust brace||Yes (requires mod)||No||No|
|Will gearbox hit chassis (lack of space)||No||No||Yes|
|Beating/"massaging"/modifying of the transmission tunnel||No||No||Yes|
|All nuts and bolts included||Yes||No||Yes|
|Zinc coated nuts and bolts (rust inhibition and durability)||Yes||No||No|
|All cover plates included||Yes||No||N/A|
The Z32GCK kit includes everything needed to bolt in and adjust the Z32 gearbox:
- CNC machined 360º billet alloy adapter
- ProBlackCoat shifter bracket, "heavy duty" steel for a solid shifting feel
- CNC machined billet steel shifter linkage in ProBlackCoat
- CNC machined billet alloy cross member
- Silver coated nuts, bolts and other hardware
- Extra low profile upper extension housing cover plate
- Z32 gearbox starter motor hole cover plate
- 2x CNC machined billet clutch fine tuning rings
- Full installation instructions with pictures and extra tips and tricks
You need to get the following parts to make it all work:
- A Z32 300ZX gearbox (with its sensors, shifter and slave cylinder) (B.Y.O. or we can supply)
- A tailshaft (B.Y.O. or we can supply)
Some modifications are necessary. A 2-peice tailshaft is recommended.
CNC machined billet alloy cross member
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: