There’s been enough people who thought and then got mad that the conversion wasn’t a 2 hour job… it’s not… hence this service. This is easy for us because we’ve been doing it nearly every day since 2009.
Think of it like food:
- WITHOUT this service = getting a bunch of raw ingredients delivered, then you cook it yourself
- WITH this service = receive a perfectly cooked feast by the chefs that created it
It’s not rocket science but it does take skill + experience + time to do it quickly and correctly. Without experience you need to spend more time, and without skill you need to spend LOTS more time. About an extra $950.00 of time.
Triple-plate 100% carbonfibre clutch kit + R33GCK-Factory + 3.5″ #MONSTAR Tailshaft + NISMO goodies
A few workshops under estimate the time needed to carry out the conversion and then get angry that they only quoted the customer 4 hours, and then customer gets mad because they have to pay for 20 hours, and then we get yelled at.
So, let’s make it as pain free for you and your workshop as possible. If your workshop cost is $130/hour, at 10 hours it’s $1300 and at 15 hours it’s $1950, so this service saves you up to $950.00.
PPG dog gearset + PPG billet selectors + Holinger large input shaft + R33GCK-Factory
- Remove front cover
- Remove bellhousing
- Remove shifter components
- Remove extension housing
- Modify bellhousing (if you have purchased it)
- Set up pull-type to push-type clutch actuation
- Modify front cover
- Remove old gaskets / sealant x8
- Remove thread lock from front cover bolts
- Install and set up Alpha Omega billet shifter components
- Install genuine Nissan OEM alignment dowels
- Install miscellaneous gearbox conversion parts
- Reassemble and seal gearbox
- Set up shifter (if you have purchased it)
- Install NISMO clutch pivot ball (if you have purchased it)
- Quality Assurance inspection
- Packaging for delivery
A bit of everything
It will take ~20 days to schedule in and carry this out for you, plus bellhousing machining time if required.
Take this crate gearbox package to your workshop. After they remove your old gearbox, the workshop will need to modify the spigot, starter motor, sensors, set up the clutch, and then it is bolt on.
After our “Gearbox Conversion Set Up Service” your workshop SHOULD be able to quote you a standard gearbox in/out job plus three hours for setting up the clutch actuation and the above mods. If they can’t, we can recommend you one.
IF YOU ARE A WORKSHOP
We recommend you quote your customer 2-3 days to do the conversion.